The Petroleum Technological Development Fund (PTDF) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for its PTDF 2022/2023 Scholarship for International Students. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
About the PTDF Scholarship 2022/2023
The Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS) was introduced by the Petroleum Technological Development Fund as a short-term measure to fill identified skills gaps and await the outcome of the various capacity-building efforts being undertaken to enable our national universities to effectively deal with preparatory professionals in oil enable and gas-related disciplines.
Therefore, the Fund reserves the right to assign potential applicants to scholarship institutions and areas/programs designed to fill these gaps.
In addition, with the numerous refresher programs that the fund runs at some federal universities in Nigeria; The focus shifted to educating Nigerians in the country. Only a few candidates are promoted abroad, the rest in Nigerian universities.
To ensure the consistent implementation of this mandate, PTDF invites suitably qualified candidates:
PTDF Abroad and National MSc and Ph.D. Scholarships 2022/2023
Description of the PTDF Scholarship
The awards will be given for studies in the 2022/2023 academic session in the UK, Germany, Brazil, France (via Campus France), leading institutions in the United States of America, and federal universities and centers of excellence in Nigeria.
Application forms can be accessed online using an ATM card (Interswitch, Master & Visa) or by purchasing a scratch card from certain major First Bank of Nigeria Plc branches in all 36 states and FCT after paying a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (only one thousand naira). Instructions for accessing the online form are clearly marked on the back of the cards.
Criteria for the PTDF Scholarship Program
Overseas scholarship applicants must have:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK)
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in the English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
- Scholarships are advertised for admission to the courses listed below (for Masters abroad).
- Applicants are advised to apply for admission to universities in the UK and France that offer these courses when applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
Documents to scan and attach to PTDF Scholarship Application Form 2022/2023
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (Ph.D. Applicants only); and
- Admission Letter (Ph.D. Applicants).
Please note that LSS (Undergraduate, Masters, and Doctoral) candidates are required to have a valid Letter of University Admission.
List of Approved Courses for PTDF Scholarship Funding 2022/2023
The list of approved Masters Abroad Sponsorship Courses for the year will be published on their official website www.ptdf.gov.ng.
Applicants are advised to apply for the Petroleum Technological Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship when applying to universities in the UK, Germany, Brazil, France, and the USA that offer these courses.
Applicants to the local scholarship program can apply to all federal universities and centers of excellence for courses relevant to the oil and gas industry
Ph.D. Priority Research Areas
In addition to the Master’s study areas, the Ph.D. Research areas are published on their official website.
- Benefits of studying in the UK
- The Best Pharmacy Schools In The World
- Top 10 Best Colleges For Anesthesiology 
- Easiest Dental Schools To Get Into In 2022
- The Cameron Impact Scholarship 2022
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must follow the link below to start their applications:
Applicants are advised that only those who meet the above requirements will be shortlisted and, in the case of Master’s candidates, will be invited to a computer-based aptitude test, while Doctoral candidates will have oral interviews (full-time and face-to-face split) at a later announced date.
- After aptitude tests and interviews, successful candidates are selected and awarded the PTDF scholarship.
- Recipients of other scholarships must not apply for the PTDF scholarship.
- Please note that the duration of the Ph.D. award is limited to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months only.
- Applicants who already possess a master’s degree need not apply for the M.Sc program but are qualified to apply for the Ph.D.
- The PTDF Scholarship award will take effect from September 2022.
- Ph.D. applicants who would have already commenced their programs by September 2022 need not apply.
If you found this article helpful and would like to receive more updates of this kind, please subscribe below by entering your email address and clicking the share button to share it with your friends.