Can you imagine a world without Adobe, without Photoshop? Whether you’re designing or editing pictures or documents, you make use of Adobe packages severally as a student. Notwithstanding its necessity, paying full prices for the pricey software on a student’s budget can be difficult. Consequently, are there any student discounts Adobe gives? Well, you’re about to find out.
Luckily, Adobe is a major software company that is generous to students. Indeed, this is a wonderful advantage, especially because a good number of Adobe users are students. So, how can you get Adobe student discounts? What do you need to know about student discounts for Adobe? Thus, in this article, you’ll get all the info you need to get your Adobe student discounts up and running.
What is Adobe?
If you’ve never used any Adobe packages or applications, here’s some background information for you.
Adobe Inc, or Adobe, is a multinational tech company based in San Jose, California, America. Formerly known as Adobe Systems Incorporated, the company was founded by John Warnock and Charles Geschke in 1982. Adobe’s primary service is Software as a Service (SaaS). So, in other words, they provide subscription-based software to clients, specifically for digital creation and marketing.
Furthermore, Adobe was recognized in 2021 as a leading global force in Customer Experience Management (CXM). They also own numerous subsidiary companies in a similar niche.
You may also like to read about How To Buy A Macbook With Student Discount.
Applications and Packages of Adobe
Adobe has numerous products and software applications under an extensive category list. The following list contains some of their more popular products.
- Graphics Design Software: For making digital visual designs and flyers, picture editing, etc
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe InCopy
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Lightroom
- Web Design Software: Website creation and maintenance
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Server Software: Software for computers that provide service to other computers.
- Adobe ColdFusion
- Adobe LiveServer
- Adobe Content Server
- eLearning Software: Facilitation of online learning
- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Presenter Video Express
- Video Editing Software: For editing videos and creating animations and other motion pictures.
- Adobe Spark Video
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Adobe Character Animator
- Adobe Prelude
- Audio Editing Software: For editing audio content
- Adobe Audition
- Digital Marketing Software
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Experience Manager
Moreover, did you know that Adobe also created the widely used Portable Document File (PDF)? Well, it is used to conveniently exchange and edit documents irrespective of the operating software involved.
Yet, these are only a handful of the numerous applications that Adobe has released.
Learn more about the Verizon Student Discount: All You Need To Know
Adobe for Desktop vs. Mobile?
Can Adobe applications be used on mobiles, or are they desktop-only? Well, you probably know how inconvenient a desktop-only app can be; you can’t log your laptop everywhere with you.
Of course, Adobe has mobile-version applications. Although not all the applications listed above are available on mobile, Adobe has lots of mobile apps. This especially holds for the Creative Cloud package.
Are Student Discounts for Adobe Available?
Are there any student discounts Adobe offers? Absolutely. Adobe offers over 60% education discount to all students and teachers of recognized institutions in the US and 65% in the UK. However, note that this discount is effective for only Creative Cloud applications and not every Adobe app on the market.
In addition, Adobe offers a seven-day free trial for the Creative Cloud package. The free trial gives you full access to the Creative Cloud features for a week. After, you’ll have to pay the student membership price. On the other hand, students in the UK can get up to two months of free use, provided they agree to an annual payment.
Adobe Creative Cloud Pricing
The student membership price is currently US$19.99 or £16.24/month for the first year and US$29.99 or £24.96/month for subsequent years. Depending on your preference and purchasing ability, you can also pay directly for a full year at $239 or £163.20/year and $359.88 or £196.30/year subsequently.
What is Creative Cloud?
Meanwhile, what is Adobe Creative Cloud? For what applications would Adobe student discounts apply? Keep reading to find out.
Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription-based plan that gives you access to a collection of Adobe applications. These apps fall under graphics design, video editing, web design, and photo editing. It fully covers activities in the creative space. Additionally, this subscription ensures that you always have the latest desktop and mobile application versions. Plus, you get optional cloud services and 100GB of cloud storage.
Creative Cloud Applications
Adobe Creative Cloud contains some of the most used Adobe products. This includes various versions of Photoshop (including mobile versions), Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Acrobat Pro, Animate, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush, After Effects, Dimension, Audition, InCopy, Media Encoder, Character Animator, Prelude, Fuse, and Bridge.
Who is Eligible for Adobe Student Discounts?
You’ve previously read that Adobe offers its education discount under the Adobe Creative Cloud Package. Truly, this package contains all the productivity apps for digital creation that any student could require. But, who is eligible for this discount? What conditions do students have to meet to access the student discounts Adobe has in stock?
- You must be a student of a recognized school. This includes university, college, primary school, secondary school, or home school. For vocational schools, community, or junior colleges, you should be awarded your degree after a minimum of two years.
- You must be at least 13 years old.
- You must have a valid means of identification, particularly an email address your school provides.
- Additionally, you can also qualify for the student discounts Adobe gives by enrolling in any Adobe-recognized course online.
Check out this trending article: How To Apply For The Dell Student Discount
Does Adobe Verify Student Status?
This Adobe student discount is a very generous one. Naturally, Adobe will have checks in place to ensure no one exploits the opportunity. So, how does Adobe verify that you are indeed a student?
Adobe verifies student status primarily with a school-issued email address. Using this method, you’ll instantly get verified by Adobe if your school is on Adobe’s list of accredited institutions. Firstly, I’ll tell you if you don’t understand what a school email address should look like. In the US, school email addresses usually end with .edu or .k12. Likewise, schools in the UK work with ac.uk.
But maybe you don’t have a school email address, or you’re not a university or college student? Alright, that’s no problem. You can submit a valid school-issued document that verifies your admission and student status.
Adobe accepts any of these documents:
- A valid student ID card
- Previous report card
- Transcript or result statement
- School/Course tuition bill or statement
Note that these documents must clearly show your name, school name, and date.
Homeschooled students without any of the above documents can provide:
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool
- Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year
How to Get Adobe Student Discount
Do you meet all verification requirements? Now, you can proceed to the main stage – getting the student discounts Adobe offers. So how do you get these?
- Visit https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.
- If interested, check the box for a 30-day free trial for Adobe Stock.
- Click Buy now.
- On the next page, select your preferred billing plan, whether monthly or yearly. Click Continue.
- Add the Adobe Stock option or click No thanks.
- Input your Adobe ID (or your school email address if you don’t have one. Adobe will create an account for you)
- Select payment method, confirm, and checkout.
For downloading and installation:
- Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/
- Click Download or Install for the app you want to download
- After the app successfully downloads, double-click the file to start the installation.
- Follow the instruction prompts to complete your installation.
- To download more apps, search for the app in the Creative Cloud Desktop app and click Install. Then the Creative Cloud Desktop app downloads and launches automatically on the download and installation of your first app.
- If your app still shows trial mode, sign out of the Creative Cloud Desktop app, then sign back in. Visit stop creative cloud from showing trial mode after purchase if it continues.
Watch this video to learn more.
Purchasing Adobe Creative Cloud
Other than using the Adobe website for the student discounts Adobe gives, you could purchase the subscription through Amazon or by phone.
Amazon (UK) gives a slight extra discount at £190.55, and Amazon (US) at $239. But, again, both of these options are 12-month subscription plans, and they auto-renew automatically. However, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Furthermore, you can call 800-585-0774. Nonetheless, you cannot buy the product directly anymore.
Lastly, you can get student discounts for Adobe through your school’s bookstore or online retailers. Of course, you’ll need to provide adequate proof of student status before purchasing the package.
Other Adobe Deals and Discounts
Maybe you’re not a student, and you’re feeling discouraged. Don’t worry; Adobe has other discounts you can take advantage of. Still, these individual discounts are not as high as the student discounts, so keep that in mind.
Consequently, how do you get these individual discounts? Here’s how – you can save 35% by paying ahead for the full year. Hence, you’ll end up saving a few hundred dollars. Moreover, paying for the full year entitles you to a free month of Adobe Stock. Also, this package includes ten free premium photos for your designs. To find out more, visit www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.
Adobe Photoshop Student Discount
Must you buy the entire Creative Cloud package to access the student discounts Adobe has available? Or is it possible to get a discount for only Adobe Photoshop? Of course! If you don’t need the entire Creative Cloud Package, you can get specific Adobe student discounts for the software you need.
Furthermore, you can combine apps and get a student discount on your combination package. For instance, you can get a discount on a Photoshop and Lightroom package or a Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements combo. Visit www.adobe.com/products/special-offers to see all Adobe options.
Equally important, Adobe has a specific photography plan to help you get the best pictures and edits possible. Click Adobe Photography Plan for more details.
Adobe Creative Cloud is the best package deal for you if you’re a student in the creative niche. But, if you’ve been worried about the pricing, these student discount deals solve your problem. So, start using Adobe Creative Cloud today.
Adobe Student Discount FAQs
- Does Adobe offer student discounts?
Yes. As a verified student, you can get over a 60% discount on the Adobe Creative Cloud package.
- What is the Creative Cloud package?
Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe CC is a subscription-based plan that gives you access to most Adobe creative software applications. This package includes all the popular Adobe creative software like Photoshop, Lightroom, and even mobile versions. See all apps in the Adobe CC package under the FAQ section.
- Can I get any free Adobe packages?
No. Adobe currently doesn’t have any free packages.
- Does Adobe carry out student verification?
Yes. Adobe uses your school email address to verify that you’re indeed a student. Without a school email address, you can use any indicated documents for student verification.
- Who is eligible for Adobe student discounts?
Any student who is at least 13 years old can access this discount. Also, you should be enrolled in a university, college, vocational school, primary school, secondary school, or home school. Optionally, you can also purchase an Adobe-certified course.
- How long does Adobe Creative Cloud’s student plan last?
Adobe’s student membership plan lasts for a year, after which it auto-renews. Depending on your finances, you can choose to pay ahead for a full year or pay monthly.
- Can I use my Adobe package on more than one computer?
Yes. Adobe allows you to sign in to your Creative Cloud package on two computers. But, you can’t use an app on the two computers simultaneously.
- Does Adobe’s education student discount plan expire immediately after I graduate?
No. Adobe gives you an extra year after graduation, after which Adobe sends you an upgrade notification.